Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: All kind of attachments not working
All kind of attachments not working
Dec 21 2008, 5:01 pm
By: JaFF  

Dec 21 2008, 5:01 pm JaFF Post #1



Yup. I can't even change my avatar. I click 'browse', select the file I need, click OK and the window that is supposed to display the file name remains empty as if I did nothing at all.



None.

Dec 21 2008, 5:10 pm Devourer Post #2

Hello

make double click on it... if that doesn't work it won't be a fault of SEN, more a fault of your computer (i guess)



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Dec 21 2008, 5:24 pm Moose Post #3

Armor: 90.50%

The CSS is bad. The file is in there, you can see the text if you highlight it. Just hit OK and it'll use the file.




Dec 21 2008, 5:35 pm JaFF Post #4



You're right Moose, the file is actually there, but even if I click 'Update Avatar', it still does nothing. I tried removing the 'existing' one (if something exists there at all) and uploading it again, but nothing works. And this is not the first time it fails to upload a new avatar.



None.

Dec 21 2008, 5:38 pm Moose Post #5

Armor: 90.50%

JaFF, of all people I'd expect better from you.

Quote
If your old avatar still appears instead of your new one, clear your cache and refresh the page!





Dec 21 2008, 5:42 pm JaFF Post #6



Oh. I never read such things even though I know I should. :P Sorry. I hope it'll work now.



None.

Dec 21 2008, 10:14 pm JaFF Post #7



...but it doesen't. I've cleared my chache twice, tried removing the old avatar and uploading a new one.

Usually, if it actually uploads something, it takes several seconds for it to get my image and compute everything. Now, after clicking 'Update Avatar' it as if computes it within fractions of a second (I'm guessing it means that it actually does nothing).

Are you sure it's just me and my lack of technology knowledge Moose?



None.

Dec 21 2008, 11:19 pm Forsaken Archer Post #8



What browser and skin?
With a recent firefox update, file inputs are no longer css-able (which is why the text is white). Highlight will show the file still.
Try uploading on the default skin.



None.

Dec 22 2008, 9:36 am JaFF Post #9



Yeah, it started working only on IE and the default skin (FF and default didn't work).

Thanks. :)



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Roy, Prankenstein, DarkenedFantasies